Won a prize!

This Forum is for Puch Motorcycle related topics.
chrisonpuch

Won a prize!

Post by chrisonpuch » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:13 pm

Hello everyone. Haven't posted for some time but I had a result last weekend. My little old SGS was given the award for best 2 stroke at the Bristol Classic Motorcycle Show which took place last weekend. This was a big surprise because she is in regular use and some of the exhibits are highly polished and without a blemish. Never mind, the judges must have liked the technical interest and maybe they are impressed by bikes which are used.
fastback
Site Admin

Re: Won a prize!

Post by fastback » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:07 pm

Congratulations!
Always nice to see a rider win especially when you don't expect it. Happened to me this summer too.
the world isn't round, it's twisted and bent
http://www.nortonfastback.com

1970 750 Fastback
1978 Vespa P125X
1968 Puch/Allstate M125
1966 Puch/Allstate 250
chrisonpuch

Post by chrisonpuch » Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:47 am

I put an image on the trail riders forum. Hopefully, this link will do the trick. Cheers FB. Yes it was a nice surprise.
http://devongtrf.activeboard.com/t64352 ... -shepperd/
Falcon_52

Post by Falcon_52 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:23 am

Fantastic! Congratulations. You've got a real beauty of a motorcycle there.

Noel
1959 Sears/Puch 175
Madnorton

Post by Madnorton » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:23 pm

Excellent news, as for the trailer queens they can be spotted a mile off. Even the bike mags fall for it, in one of the recent UK mags, there was a Norton Commando MK3 restored and used and in use according to the article - utter junk, unless the owner had and upside down inside out left foot, the gear lever was fitted at an angle it could not be operated comfortably.

I see them weekly, some are not even finished, missing points wire, no air filter in the can, no pinch bolts - it's shocking when you look closely.

It's nearly Easter, I would polish the bike, but this Easter I'm sailing to Weymouth so it will have to wait for its annual clean!
Madnorton

Post by Madnorton » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:24 pm

Excellent news, as for the trailer queens they can be spotted a mile off. Even the bike mags fall for it, in one of the recent UK mags, there was a Norton Commando MK3 restored and used and in use according to the article - utter junk, unless the owner had and upside down inside out left foot, the gear lever was fitted at an angle it could not be operated comfortably.

I see them weekly, some are not even finished, missing points wire, no air filter in the can, no pinch bolts - it's shocking when you look closely.

It's nearly Easter, I would polish the bike, but this Easter I'm sailing to Weymouth so it will have to wait for its annual clean!