A sad day

This Forum is for Puch Motorcycle related topics.
Madnorton

A sad day

Post by Madnorton » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:07 pm

Yesterday the owner of the Puch 175 SVS I had running called in the bike. It was 'lent' it to me 9 years ago, non running and without registration.
So URV 80 is no more, I think his plan was to sell the reg, but it is non transferable. So keep an eye on the web, I think he will sell it as he thinks it is worth a few bob like the 250's, sadly not the case and it can't be exported to Austria for top money either.

Now the dilemma, I have no barrels left or carbs, but the carbs are easy to sort, as the RH carb is the same as the left - it just needs drilling and threading. Though it is numbered different, have a look and you will see what I mean. I have tonnes of other spares,frame, cranks cases, gears etc. I even have a twin pull twist grip assembly.

I have an itch for another Puch, always liked the SRA, but a well sorted 250 would be nice. So the plan is to finish the Commando project, create space and see what I can source. Another SVS possibly, if it was cheap enough. In the meantime if anyone has a need for some spares, then you can PM me, or ring me at work, no secret is's Andover Norton, ask for Ash. Yes, the Commando makes me smile, but the Puch was fun to ride!
Englishpuchman

Re: A sad day

Post by Englishpuchman » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:56 pm

Hi Ash, With spring coming you are going to miss that URV 80! my advert for parts in OBM last month produced almost 3 x175 SVS's so when i get time to sort all the bits out, will let you know see if you are interested ;) Bernie
Puch 1949 TF restored

Puch 175SVS restored
Puch 175SV French import, original not restored, but complete overhaul, Pampus green
Puch 175 SVS almost enough parts for 3 bikes
chrisonpuch

Post by chrisonpuch » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:02 am

Hi Ash. I don't know if it's of any interest to you but I have the majority of an SGS250 like mine that I cannibalised a few parts from. I kept it in case the running SGS needed something else to keep going but it's been reliable. It's in duck egg blue. Let me know if you have any interest.
Englishpuchman

Post by Englishpuchman » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:26 am

Hi Chrisonpuch , and Andy in Lincoln if he still looks at this forum A friend of mine a guy called Ian Avery collected a UK Puch register about 20 years ago. a couple of years ago he handed me all the info of the register as i suggested i would try and keep it running. 20 years ago we had about 35 machines on the list .I am still keeping it up to date as far as possible!DVLA tells me about a dozen machines are still on the road. So i be grateful for any info on your Puchs all info is strickly private and not passed to third parties without your consent .

berniesmotorrad@gmail.com ;)
Puch 1949 TF restored

Puch 175SVS restored
Puch 175SV French import, original not restored, but complete overhaul, Pampus green
chrisonpuch

Post by chrisonpuch » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:23 am

Hi Bernie.
Email sent.
Madnorton

Post by Madnorton » Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:37 am

Bernie, check your mail.
Madnorton

Post by Madnorton » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:58 pm

With a Norton Commando that needs finishing I need to create some space, the PUCH stuff I have has to go. I have enough to fill a trailer or small van, frame - rusted out, hubs numerous, 3 x engine bottom ends compete with gearbox internals, seat frame (SGS) a set of springs for under the seat sponge, tin ware, generator rotors, etc - I am not that clued up on what I have got, as there is quit a bit of it, inc gasket kit, throttle assy for SVS. There are no left hand carbs or cylinder barrels. I can't even get some of it out to photo it - if it comes it out will be even more in my way.

Weather depending it will be put out on my drive on Saturday 27th Oct, and if still there at 1400 it will be dumped, if the weather is no good, it will be the following Saturday.
chrisonpuch

Post by chrisonpuch » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:38 am

Sorry Ash, space is at a premium for me since I retired and I still have the bulk of an SGS at my brother's place. Hope you find a taker...........Chris
Englishpuchman

Post by Englishpuchman » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:00 am

Hi! Ashley, Sad day for me as a few weeks ago my lovely little black 175 SVS Puch was stolen down in Dorset! strangely enough it hasn't surficed. Anyway being totally addicted to Puchs in my old age!!! interested in what you displaying on the 27th so i need a address can you email it, to me

My address can be found on page 'Puch 175SVS restored 2018' on my blog site www.berniesbikeshed.wordpress.com 8-) many thanks Ash and hope to see you then. Bernie
Puch 1949 TF restored

Puch 175SVS restored
Englishpuchman

Post by Englishpuchman » Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:14 am

Hello Ash! good to meet you over the week end, hope you still look at these pages now your PUCHLESS!! think i must have the largest collection of 175 spares in the country now. ASH... there is a picture of URV 80 next to another Puch 175 at Popham a few years back did you get any particulars/info from the owner ie who the owner is and where he lives etc etc obviously no names or addresses on this site! (if yes i will contact you)
regards Bernst Englishpuchman. :)
Puch 1949 TF restored

Puch 175SVS restored